Tony's Days

Google
 
Web Tday

This is my brief summary of my life, my feelings on different topics, and my random thoughts.

Friday, April 22, 2005

MMORPG

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. There are alot of people out there who play these games: Everquest, World of Warcraft, City of Heros, etc. Well, it looks as though I may soon join these people. For my birthday, my finace is getting me Guild Wars. Normally, I would never play one of these games. The main reason being that on top of purchasing the game, you must pay monthly fees and buy every new update that comes along or be left playing alone. Also, they take up a ton of time, something that I rarely have enough of.

Guild Wars solves enough of these problems that I decided to try it out. First, there are no monthly fees. Once you buy the game you can keep playing it without spending extra cash. Also, you do not have to buy the expansions. If you want the new areas, characters, and skills you have to buy the expansions. However, you can still play with the people who are playing with the expansions when you do not own them. The official website compares it to magic the gathering. Players with the newest expansions(deck) can make more varied characters(cards in deck), but does not neccisarily make better characters. So a lv 20 of one an old character would be comparable with a lv 20 of the new character. Unfortunatly, this does not solve the problem of time consumption. It looks like I am going to just have to deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home